Measures proposed by the Slovak government
24 March 2020
- Ministry of Health of Slovak Republic shall prepare legal measures to postpone work-related medical examination of employees.
- All Ministries of Slovak Republic shall identify all statutory periods and prepare legal measures for their suspension. These measures shall not apply to maturity period of payments and statutory periods in relation to the State. This issue shall be negotiated by Ministry of Finance of Slovak Republic during today.
- Public Health Authority of Slovak Republic shall adopt a public order by which all grocery stores, butchers stores, vegetable and fruit stores, pharmacies, print and tobacco shops, drugstores and also animal feed stores will be closed always on Sunday. This day will be intended for sanitation of store premises.
- Public Health Authority of Slovak Republic shall adopt a public order to establish specific opening hours (9am – 12am) of stores mentioned above for seniors older than 65 years. This measure shall apply from Monday until Saturday. All stores will be closed on Sunday for sanitation. Police will control respecting of this measures. Sanction for non-respecting may result in complete closure of the store. Slovak government shall negotiate about permission for other stores to be reopened during next meeting of the Central Crisis Team.
- Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic shall adopt legal measures regarding:
- exemption from prohibition of service provision for notaries and attorneys,
- suspension of statutory periods (in relation to court proceedings and claims) during period from 12 March 2020 to 30 April 2020,
- decisions of legal entities in form of per rollam,
- postponing of auction of property and enforcement of pledge.
- Public Health Authority of Slovak Republic shall adopt a public order on the basis of which everybody shall wear a facemask or other protection covering face and nose.
- Public Health Authority of Slovak Republic shall adopt a public order on the basis of which from 30 March 2020 people's body temperature will be measured when entering the stores, hospitals, the public authorities, and factories.
This content has been prepared in cooperation with our partner law firm Bartošík Šváby .