With national regulations becoming more and more restrictive and with investors more and more eager to be assured of the sustainability of companies and products, it is important to analyze upstream the functioning of companies to see if it is aligned with the state of the market.
Why to consider getting certified
Getting an EcoVadis certification is beneficial for two reasons:
- To make a first screening that will prepare the ground for the European regulations (i.e. CSRD - Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive)
- To show a guarantee of sustainability to investors
There is even more to it
Other than these very business-oriented reasons, EcoVadis can also create three additional benefits:
- Enhanced reputation: EcoVadis certification is internationally recognized and allows a company to demonstrate its commitment to sustainability, ethics, and social responsibility. This certification can help strengthen a company's reputation with stakeholders, including customers, suppliers and investors.
- Competitive advantage: EcoVadis-certified companies have a competitive advantage over those that are not certified, as they are seen as more responsible and sustainable. Customers, especially those who are concerned about environmental and social issues, are more likely to choose a company that is EcoVadis certified.
- Improved performance: The EcoVadis certification process allows companies to better understand the risks and opportunities associated with sustainability. Upon certification, the company receives a detailed assessment of its sustainability performance, which can help identify areas for improvement. This assessment can also be used as a tracking tool to measure progress over time.
I am interested in EcoVadis certification