With national regulations becoming more and more restrictive and with investors more and more eager to be assured of the sustainability of companies and products, it is important to analyze upstream the functioning of companies to see if it is aligned with the state of the market.
Why to consider getting certified
Getting an EcoVadis certification is beneficial for two reasons:
- To make a first screening that will prepare the ground for the European regulations (i.e. CSRD - Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive)
- To show a guarantee of sustainability to investors
There is even more to it
Other than these very business-oriented reasons, EcoVadis can also create three additional benefits:
- Enhanced reputation: EcoVadis certification is internationally recognized and allows a company to demonstrate its commitment to sustainability, ethics, and social responsibility. This certification can help strengthen a company's reputation with stakeholders, including customers, suppliers and investors.
- Competitive advantage: EcoVadis-certified companies have a competitive advantage over those that are not certified, as they are seen as more responsible and sustainable. Customers, especially those who are concerned about environmental and social issues, are more likely to choose a company that is EcoVadis certified.
- Improved performance: The EcoVadis certification process allows companies to better understand the risks and opportunities associated with sustainability. Upon certification, the company receives a detailed assessment of its sustainability performance, which can help identify areas for improvement. This assessment can also be used as a tracking tool to measure progress over time.
Mazars in Slovakia, one of the leading audit, tax, and advisory firm globally, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the EcoVadis Silver Medal for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
EcoVadis certification is a corporate social responsibility (CSR) standard that measures a company's environmental, social, and ethical performance. Learn more about our journey to EcoVadis' Silver Medal.
We believe that business is and will remain a key player in sustainability. On the other hand, many leaders are currently not yet aware of the fundamental matters of sustainability. Therefore, The ESG e-Campus by Mazars aims to change it. One of its objectives is providing the e-learning tools to understanding and analysis of the new “sustainability paradigm”.
Our latest C-suite barometer shows that, while recognising the significant challenges of the past year, including inflation and economic instability, high energy prices, war and geopolitical tensions, leaders have a fighting spirit and positive outlook for 2023.
Be sure you are not missing on any important information or a change. Do not hesitate to subscribe to our newsletter.